Sunday, January 6, 2008

Support Our Troops

Hello and welcome back to another installment of Are We There Yet? I recently returned from a deployment just before Christmas and therefore needed to scramble around in order to get my Christmas shopping done. It was December 22nd and I was heading to store to finish up my shopping. The parking lot was quite congested (as parking lots often are this time of year), and I found myself in a line of cars waiting to merge turn onto the road that runs in front of the stores. The cars on that road would let a car out and then go and the car behind would do the same thing. This system seemed to be working effectively until my turn came. The person who was supposed to let me out was an older woman and she was riding the bumper of the car in front of her and was making it a point to not notice me waiting there to get out. I was sorely tempted to employ my new driving skills that I had developed on my last deployment and pull in between her and the other car, but it was Christmas and I abstained. As the grinchy woman passed by I noticed she had a big yellow support our troops ribbon magnet on the back of her car. Now I doubt the woman knew I was one of the troops that her magnet proclaimed her support for, it would be hard to notice the haircut and the DOD tags on my car when she was making it a point to look in the other direction, but the moral of the story is that you never know who you're cutting off so don't do it. If you're that lady who cut me off and you're reading this, you should be ashamed of yourself and riddled with guilt for what you have done. Tsk Tsk. If you're not that lady, but are inclined to exhibit similar behavior from time to time you had better not do it to me or I will call you out on my blog and you will feel silly. Until next time I bid you all farewell.

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

That's the precise reason that the only sticker on my car reads Irritate Everyone.

Josh said...

I have no problem with that, if you let people know from the beginning that you are going to be irratating, then they know what to expect. Others shoul follow your fine example.